- You have to use it to understand how awesome it is.
- For this to work, you need install Google Chrome to Phone app for Android first and then install Chrome to Phone extension in your Google Chrome web browser.
- We will do it step by step.
- But this application has got some weird properties as well. Country specific restrictions are in place for unknown reasons.
- I had to manually download the APK to install it. If you are in my same position, you can download the Chrome to Phone APK file and install it manually.
- Launch the installed Chrome to Phone application in your phone and finish the required steps needed (pretty much self-explanatory).
- Launch the extension in your Chrome browser. Sign in using your Gmail id (it should be the same id that you used to login from your Google Chrome to Phone Android app).
- Gmail will ask for authorization and you are done.
- Now, whenever you feel like sending a link, phone number or maps to your Android smartphone from Chrome Browser (in Windows, Mac or Linux), just right click and select "Chrome to Phone". Some random demos can be seen below.
<!-- You may change the values of width and height above to resize the chart -->
Google Chrome 7 stable version has been released and it is already available for Windows, Mac and Linux. The latest version is Google Chrome 7.0.517.41 to be precise.
Google Chrome Stable Hits Version 7
Sticking to its promise of 6 month release cycle, Google Chrome has released Google Chrome 7 for Windows, Mac and Linux users a day ago. The latest release brings in hundreds of bug fixes and other improvements. There is a major boost to speed as well.
According to Google, the latest Google Chrome 7.0.517.41 comes with a number of bug fixes, an updated HTML5 parser, and file API and directory upload via input tag and a number of new features. Apart from these enhancements, the new Google Chrome 7 closed a number of major security holes as well. You can find more information at Chromium Security page.
Download Google Chrome 7
If you are already using Google Chrome in your Ubuntu, all you need to do is a "sudo apt-get upgrade". As you all should know already, Google Chrome automatically installs Google repository in Ubuntu and hence you get the latest Google Chrome updates without doing anything new. Otherwise you could simply download the latest Google Chrome 7 from here.
Browser wars has never been so intense and it seems the real winners are going to be the open source browsers. I have been using Chromium and Firefox for years now and it's really heartening to see them winning against the much bigger rival. On a final note, you may also want to learn how Chromium is different from Google Chrome.
The final release of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat is here with a ton of improvements. I think, it's time to stop talking about the great strides Ubuntu 10.10 has made on the usability fronts and lets just concentrate on the things you need to do and you could do with the new Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat".
Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" is finally released and it's clearly is a job well done. We have been covering different aspects of this Ubuntu release for the past few months and we are more than happy to inform that, Ubuntu 10.10 has surpassed our expectations.
Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Released
Ubuntu is getting better with every new release and this 6 month release cycle is working perfectly well for Canonical and Ubuntu. There is a definitive sense of urgency which is so unlike any other Linux distro out there. And if Google Trends data is anything near accurate, Ubuntu might just become the first ever Linux distro to overcome the popularity of Linux itself.
What's New in Ubuntu 10.10?