The Dev channel has been updated to 19.0.1048.17 (Platform versions: 2046.20.0) for Chromebooks (Acer AC700 and Samsung Series 5).
This build contains a number of new features, as well as security & stability improvements. Some highlights of these changes are:
- New modes for multiple monitor handling: mirrored (highest common resolution only), show only on primary, show only on secondary (Switch with Ctrl + F5)
- Updated Scratchpad app
- New file types supported - tar, gz, bzip2
- Updates to local audio and video player
- Functional and visual refresh of the Chrome OS Settings
- Recovery tool supports re-formatting recovery media (use a previous recovery image USB)
- Introduced new Japanese fonts (Motoya G04 Gothic/Mincho).
- Redesigned UI and updated Window Manager
- Issue 29012: Spoken feedback stops after increasing or reducing the machine volume
- Issue 28932: [ZGB] Device does not respond to light sensor
- Issue 28689: Offline help center is displayed when connected to Network
- Issue 28564: [ZGB] Audio fails with HDMi-to-HDMi connection
- Issue 27956: Suppress user/password dialog when re-enabling sync
- Issue 27360: Media hangs on the machine
- Issue 25619: Power button is unresponsive
- Issue 23880: Sign in / Sync: Change of account password results in a sub-optimal experience depending on a number of factors
- Issue 29050: Ethernet disappears when we configure static IP
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our help site or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue’ under the wrench menu.