While the iPhone syncs with Safari and Internet Explorer, it can't grab bookmarks from Chrome or Firefox out of the box—and most versions of Android can't sync bookmarks with any browser. Here are a few ways to get your desktop bookmarks on your smartphone without any hassle. More »
How to Share Google Chrome with Multiple People on the Same Computer Without Screwing Up Your Logins
If you've got a family computer, or one you share with your roommates or significant other, you've probably run into the trouble of sharing a web browser. You have to log out of your Gmail, Facebook, and other accounts just to let someone else log in. The latest version of Google Chrome solves that problem with multiple user accounts. Here's how this handy new feature works and how to set it up. More »
The Chrome Toolbox extension for Google Chrome adds a ton of features to the browser. It also provides a feature to stop Chrome from closing down when you close the last tab. To enable that feature install the extension and then click on it’s icon to display then menu and click on the "Options" link.
On the options page, select the checkbox next to "Don’t close current browser window when closing last tab, create a new tab instead." This will ensure that Chrome does not close the window when you close the last tab using the Ctrl + W hotkey, you can of course close the window by clicking on "x" symbol on the browser.
In addition to closing tabs Chrome Toolbox also provides you with several other features, including a confirmation before closing multiple tabs. Here are some more features of what Chrome Toolbox does:
- Magnify any image on a web page, set it as your wallpaper, and view it in its original size
- Drag any video on a web page (Flash and HTML5 video) out of the page in its own stand-alone window, closing the window puts it back to the original page, both with play state reservation
- Customize tab behavior to close the tab on double click, to create a new tab on closing the last tab, and to always open a link in its own tab
- Save and restore un-submitted form data, to avoid data loss caused by session expiration or a no-cache page setting
- One shortcut to launch all predefined URLs (from your Bookmark Manager folder)
- Learn, compare and contrast shortcuts in Chrome and other popular browsers.
- Put your favorite Chrome functionalities in the drop down menu, reorder them in the way you like
- Define Boss Key
- Mute all tabs
Definitely worth downloading and using. Download Chrome Toolbox Extension.
Have you ever wanted to walk into a building and be automatically checked into Foursquare, without any action on your part? That's the promise of an intriguing DIY project from electronic engineering hobbyist, Casey Halverson. He has come up with a low-cost solution that involves a Nike+ sensor, a $25 breakout board and a Web service called Stumble.to that watches for electronic devices, then automatically checks you into your favorite places via Foursquare and other location-based social networking services.