Last week, we show you how to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 for iPhone 3G in Windows. As promised, here is the how-to for Mac users. While this tutorial is very simple, I will need everyone to follow every step conscientiously. Before you start, here are some things that you have to consider:
- Backup your iPhone before doing the jailbreak. Restoring the data is easier to do after the jailbreak process.
- Jailbreaking may void the warranty of your iPhone; you should know that after doing the following steps, you cannot just go to Apple stores and proclaim your iPhone is not working.
- You must be responsible for securing your iPhone after the jailbreak.
- This tutorial is for Mac users only.
- RedSn0w, the tool used in this tutorial to jailbreak your iPhone, is NOT used to UNLOCK your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone 3G runs on iTunes 9.2 before you proceed.
- RedSn0w will never work on iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4.
Here are the steps you should follow to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 for your iPhone 3G.
Step 1. Download the following files: