Some iPhone users do not know that upgrading iPhone to the latest IOS will also update the baseband. If you would want to use other carriers, then you have to undergo the process of unlocking your iPhone. Nowadays, the most popular unlocking tool is the UltraSn0w, however, it does not support new baseband versions. Thus, for iPhone 4 users who want to upgrade to iOS 4.1, you have to take extra step to preserve the supported baseband, i.e. 01.59.00. Upgrading to the latest version (2.10.4) will make your iPhone unlockable.
Now, follow these steps to upgrade to iOS 4.1 without updating to the latest baseband version.
/> Step 1: Download TinyUmbrella
Last week, we show you how to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 for iPhone 3G in Windows. As promised, here is the how-to for Mac users. While this tutorial is very simple, I will need everyone to follow every step conscientiously. Before you start, here are some things that you have to consider:
- Backup your iPhone before doing the jailbreak. Restoring the data is easier to do after the jailbreak process.
- Jailbreaking may void the warranty of your iPhone; you should know that after doing the following steps, you cannot just go to Apple stores and proclaim your iPhone is not working.
- You must be responsible for securing your iPhone after the jailbreak.
- This tutorial is for Mac users only.
- RedSn0w, the tool used in this tutorial to jailbreak your iPhone, is NOT used to UNLOCK your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone 3G runs on iTunes 9.2 before you proceed.
- RedSn0w will never work on iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4.
Here are the steps you should follow to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 for your iPhone 3G.
Step 1. Download the following files:
The release of Apple iPhone 4 left an impression that the second generation iPhones will be out of the scenes for good. But no, iPhone 3G is always as good as the day it has been released. It may not have the same functionality as the fourth generation, but still, you will not be left behind, technologically, if you have it. Now, that being said, I have something here for iPhone 3G owners — a step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 for your iPhone 3G to, at least, compete with others who have the latest model of iPhones and enjoy the features that iOS 4.0.2 offers. This one’s for Windows users alone. Mac users, I will publish another guide for you, too, in the near future.
/> Important Notes:
Before you carry out the jailbreak, go through these notes and see if you are ready to perform the process;