Here is an extended tutorial about updating Twitter status (posting to Twitter) from Google Chrome Omnibar (URL bar). The result feature is somewhat similar posting to Twitter from Firefox's address bar using TwitterBar extension/add-on for Firefox.
1. Make sure that you have the latest Google Chrome version. We used the latest Google Chrome 188.8.131.52 BETA for this tutorial.
2. Open "Options" from the settings button on the top right corner:
3. On the "Basics" tab, under "Default search", click "Manage":
In "Search Engines" click "Add" button and enter new Search Engine details as shown below: give it a name and easy to remember keyword (such as "tw" or something alike) and insert http://twitter.com/?status=%s
in the URL:
5. Click "OK" to view that a new search engine has been added and Close "Search Engines" and "Google Chrome Options" windows:
6. Next, to update your Twitter status, instead of entering an URL in the Omnibar, simply enter the keyword you entered for your new search engine (see above) followed by your Twitter status and press "Enter", e.g. "tw Testing out posting to Twitter from Google Chrome Omnibar":
7. Review your Twitter status and submit: